Your Salon + The Coronavirus
Updated: Mar 13
Your Salon + The Coranavirus
How do you protect your staff and clients while at your lash or brow salon and communicate your efforts to clients?
I have included easy to use resources for you to print out and display.
SANITATION: Hopefully, many of these practices are already in place at your salon. Even after the virus scare is over, these are good practices to keep moving forward.
This includes disinfecting items you may not always consider such as:
- the artist's chair
- the overhead light
2. Wear a mask. This is a good practice in general so you aren't breathing on a client's face. Although the CDC has stated that this isn't going to save us from the coranvirus, this is a general good hygeine practice.
3. Wash your hands with soap and water (not just hand sanitize) in between every client.
4. Don't touch your face.
5. Use closed-bin garbage cans. They are required by law in most states for salons. If you are not currently using a self-closing garbage can, please invest in one.
6. Have tissues readily available for anyone with a runny nose.
7. Have hand sanitizer conveniently available for client use.
8. Open windows or doors if able to create better ventalition and circulation of air throughout your salon.
9. Keep disinfectant wipes next to the phone and computer and wipe down after every use.
10. NEVER, EVER, EVER reuse lash strips on multiple clients. Always cut the strips for single service use.
11. Wash all your towels and bedding with hot water and on the sanitize cycle.
12. Lay down fresh bedding in-between clients or cover the beds using these disposable sheets.
COMMUNICATION: Communicating your health and wellness policy to clients and staff is very important.
1. Let your staff know that they should not come to work if they are displaying signs of illnesss.
2. Suspend your late cancellation policy for clients and let them know that all late cancellation fees will be waived if they are feeling ill.
Example email (feel free to copy and paste):
Our valuable clients,
As your neighbor and lash and brow provider, we are committed to the health and safety of our community. We want to let you know what extra precautions we will be taking as the result of the coronoavirus outbreak.
-All of our staff will continue washing hands and thoroughly sanitizing stations between services.
-We are sanitizing our phones and computers between use.
-We are using disposable bedding that will be changed in-between each service.
-Our staff has been asked to not come to work if they are displaying any signs of illness.
-We are waiving our late cancellation fee for those who are displaying signs of illness.
-We will continue wearing masks during appointments.
-We will continue to throw away all single use items and lash strips at the end of every appointment so that no cross-contamination occurs.
What we are asking of our clients:
-Since we are asking our staff to stay home if ill, this may require that we move your appointment to another artist or to another day/time. We ask your patience and understanding.
-Please do not come to your appointment if you are displaying any signs of illness. We will waive the late cancellation fee.
3. Post a sign on your door asking those who may be ill not to enter. Email email@example.com for a sign you can download and print for free.
4. Post signs within your salon asking clients and staff to wash or disinfect thier hands.